Cason...
He had his helmet check a week ago and unfortunately there was no change in his head for the last month. :( We are not devestated because the improvement in his head is huge since getting the helmet, but unfortunately he got it at such a late age that the chance of it completely fixing the flatness in his head was slim. We are happy with the results and have opted to keep putting the helmet on him for another month or so just to make sure it's done doing it's job. On a positive note...it's stinky, so him being done with it before the heat of the summer won't be a bad thing!
Cason is SO CLOSE to crawling on his hands and knees...SO CLOSE! We think he will just be taking off once he gets it. He's making so many improvements, it's just such a miracle!
Wesley...
He started speech therapy last week, thank goodness. Communication with him is difficult because of his speech delays. He doesn't use the "finishing consonants" in words so when put together, everything sounds the same and just kind of runs together. We were taught how to work with him on this. It would be so amazing if he were able to communicate with us more effeciently. He is doing well with eating, so so well! He is defiant. Oh my, it's a struggle. He is testing us and he is 3...not a great combination. Just yesterday I gave him a very specific talk about not throwing rocks and what would happen if I saw him throw a rock. He said, "ok". I turn around to walk away and hear a crash. I look at him and he is looking at me like, "I don't care what you said, I did it anyway". He threw a rock right through our garage window. God help us.
So things are going okay...still rough at times (like throwing rocks through windows intentionally), but there are also great times as well. It's going to be a process...a LONG process with that one! We will manage, and things will (hopefully!) get better.
1 comment:
ugh... why is three such a hard age??? I feel for you.. my three year old would be right there with him throwing rocks through windows. Jaxson was slow to start talking and I remember he would get so angry when he couldn't communicate. I bet once he begins to communicate more effectively you will also see a big improvement with behavior.
Post a Comment