We've had a busy day. Wesley arrived just before 10am and we went over all of his routine, his meds, etc. with his foster family. I'm not going to lie, I was filling a bit overwhelmed! I knew it would become 2nd nature, but in that moment with kids running around yelling, needing my attention and trying to focus on doses of 8 different meds, I was feeling a bit in over my head! All turned out just fine though and administering Wesley's meds into his G-tube went smoothly! Hooray! We're going to be able to do this. Whew. :)
The start of the day was chaotic. Wesley getting accustomed to where things are located in our home, wanting to go up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, down the stairs was exhausting. Also, he managed to find things to get into that I never would have even thought of before! He is CURIOUS to say the least!
As the day went on, things got easier. We made a trip to the Rainbow Bridge (which is actually called the Sky Bridge I believe) downtown. We knew Wesley would LOVE that and we were RIGHT! We med the DeCooks there and hung out for about 45 minutes while the kids RAN the entire time. I got some pictures too. :)
He was having fun and immediately when we arrived, he yelled, "WHOA!!!" and took off!
He ADORES Sean! Like so much that I am concerned about having him next weekend while Sean is at work all weekend. When Sean took Cason to the doctor this morning for his 3rd antibiotic shot, Wesley ran all over the house for the first half hour saying, "Daddy? Dad?" and looking everywhere. Then he stared out the window for about 5 minutes after I told him he wasn't home, but he would be back soon.
Sean is way more fun than me! That may be part of the reason why he loves him so much!
Seriously, he is a happy boy. I've started to learn his facial expressions and what smiles are real and what smiles are forced.
This one is real!
And he is FLEXIBLE! This was taken before he surprised us all by easily going down into a full split. Seriously, it was impressive - and hurt me just to watch it! Ha.
After the Rainbow Bridge it was home to brush teeth, change diapers, get jammies on and go to bed. Wesley went to bed without any fight at all. He played hard today (although I have a feeling he plays hard everyday!) and was TIRED! Now I am praying all 3 sleep in! Ha...I'm sure I won't be so lucky. :)
I was nervous about this transition and about this weekend. Honestly, I am feeling so good about everything right now. I am going to be BUSY, don't get me wrong, but I am feeling more confident now. And in this moment, I am overwhelmed with joy and love in my heart. My heart is FULL, and so are my arms!








1 comment:
What a kiddo!! He is going to keep you on your toes for sure!! : )
Post a Comment